#GotYaBack was developed by students at Bath College to keep their friends safe after an increase in incidences in the River Avon.
The ‘Got Ya Back’ message is, literally have your friends back! We all love having fun, it’s just about doing it safely.
Here are a few tips on staying safe on a night out:
- Know how you are getting home
- Make sure you swap phone numbers in case you get separated
- Have a place that you would meet up if that happened
- Create an ICE contact on your phone
- Stick with your friends
- Never leave a drink unattended
- Avoid walking near the river, use lit and public paths and the SCP River Safety Map
- In an emergency, dial 999
- Install the what3words app on your phone, so you can communicate your location to emergency services if necessary